A delicious, warm and gooey french toast casserole, then subtract the bread and insert everyone’s favorite Cinnabuns.
That’s right. Game changer.
This absurdly delicious, and decadent breakfast casserole is so yummy, it could almost pass for dessert. It is the perfect breakfast while the kids are home for the winter break or when entertaining over the holidays. I guarantee it will be everyone’s favorite! We make this french toast casserole anytime we host brunch. This dish is easy to make ahead of time, just cover the cinnamon roll pieces and egg mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Pop it in the oven the next morning for an instant and delicious breakfast! Nothing better than waking up to the smell of this french toast casserole!
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 2 cans of Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls, with icing
- 6 Eggs
- ½ cup of half and half or milk
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into an un-greased 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Cut the 2 cans of cinnamon rolls into bite size pieces.
- Add the pieces of the rolls to the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, cream, cinnamon, vanilla, and syrup together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces, in the baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle the cinnamon roll icing over the top of the french toast casserole.
Serve the casserole warm, with additional syrup on the side. If you like nuts, sprinkle the casserole with pecans before baking.