Today is one of my favorite days of the year, Valentine’s Day!
I have said it before and I will say it again, I LOVE love. I am so lucky to be married to my best friend in the world and my soulmate. We celebrate the life we have everyday, not just one day in February. But my love for Valentine’s Day is from the youthful fun and excitement the day brings.
I like to celebrate February 14th in a simple, fun, and even a little corny kind of way. I am notorious for leaving homemade cards in my husbands lunch box and the car, buying loads of candy and dipping strawberries. The REALity of it is, it is a Tuesday night, there is snow on the ground, and life is busy. Most of us don’t have the time or finances for an elaborate, lobster dinner or over-the-top presents. And even if we did, in REAL life we appreciate the little things that make us smile more.
I started today’s celebrations bright and early at 6 am, before my husband left for work. I took a staple from everyone’s refrigerator and turned it in to a Cupid worthy breakfast! This is a simple, and inexpensive way to surprise your significant other or children today, or any day you are feeling the love!
1. 1 package of refrigerator Cinnabon rolls
2. Red food coloring
3. Sprinkles, or colored sugar
1. Preheat the oven to package directions.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Take the cinnamon rolls out the the container. Unroll the cinnamon buns, and re-roll them, rolling both ends inward , until they meet in the middle. Once them meet in the middle press them together and pinch the bottom into the tip of a heart.
4. Repeat with each roll, and place on the parchment paper, with an inch in-between each one.
5. Bake as the package directs.
6. Add two drops of red food coloring to the icing, to form pink icing.
7. Once the cinnabons are finished cooking, ice with your pink frosting and, decorate with sugar or sprinkles. Serve with love!
If you take away anything from this post, it is to celebrate today for the true meaning, love. It is not about roses or perfume or fancy restaurants. Enjoy the holiday for what it was like when we were kids. Whether it is a hand make a Valentine with a silly saying, wearing pink or dipping anything you can get your hands on in chocolate, have fun with it! And as always, spread the love!