My husband loves corn muffins.
When we first started dating, he lived near a bakery that made great corn muffins. I would stop in weekly and pick him up a treat to take to work, for breakfast. We don’t live near that bakery anymore, as husband and wife. So it has become my mission to make him delicious corn muffins at home.
This recipe is for a sweet, breakfast-type corn muffin. Made with butter and honey, these muffins are the perfect flavor for your morning. These corn muffins are for my husband, the love of my life. Hence the name Love Muffins.
1. 1 cup of yellow cornmeal
2. 1 cup of flour
3.1 tablespoon of baking powder
4. 1 cup of milk
5. 2 eggs
6. 1/2 stick of butter, melted
7. 1/3 cup of honey
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Fill your muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In one bowl combine, cornmeal, flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. In a larger bowl, stir butter, honey, eggs and milk together.
4. Slowly add all your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until completely combined.
5. Divide the batter amongst the muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
My favorite way to eat this corn muffins is warm with a little butter and a cup of tea!