You can pair wine with cheese. Burgers with fries, and milk with cookies.
But for me there is one combination that stands far above the rest.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
Nothing can compare.
I have mentioned before that I have an immense love for peanut butter. Chocolate and peanut butter desserts are my absolute favorite. These Peanut Butter Bars are so simple, and quick to make. They are perfect to whip up before a get together with friends or for your school’s next bake sale. I am a huge fan of cookie bars, over traditional drop cookies. They are super fast, perfect for REAL life, just press right into a pan and cut them into bite sized pieces. And they cut down on the clean up!
Because of my love for chocolate and peanut butter, I add an extra element to my Peanut Butter Bars. I chop Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, and add them into the batter. Feel free to omit them if you like, or add even more if that suits your sweet tooth!
1.1 stick of butter, softened
2. 1 cup of brown sugar
3. 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
4. 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
5. 2 tsp of vanilla
6. 1 egg
7. 1 1/2 cup of flour
8. 3/4 tsp of baking soda
9. 10 small Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
10. 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with a hand mixer.
3. Add in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg, and mix to combine.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, and baking soda.
5. Slowly add in the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, and mix until it has combined.
6. Fold in the chopped Reese Cups to the batter.
7. Pour the batter into your 13×9 pan, and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Once the cookie bar is out of the oven and still warm, cover the stop of the bar with the chocolate chips.
9. Let the chips sit on the bar for about 5 minutes, or until melted. Using the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate chips all over the top, forming a complete layer of chocolate.
10. Let the chocolate cool completely, then cut into desired size pieces.