I love peanut butter. I eat it every single day. This is not an exaggeration.
So when it comes to Christmas cookies, I have to make Peanut Butter Kisses.
These are an oldie, but a goodie. They are a staple of every holiday cookie tray for a good reason. Who can resist the world’s greatest paring of flavors, ( I may be a little biased) of chocolate and peanut butter!
1.1 cup of Crisco
2. 1 cup of Skippy Natural Chunky Peanut Butter
3. 1 cup of sugar
4. 1 cup of dark brown sugar
5. 2 eggs
6. 1 teaspoon of milk
7. 2 cups of flour
8. 1 teaspoon of baking soda
9. Unwrapped Hershey Kisses (I use the dark chocolate!)
1.Preheat the oven to 35o degrees.
2. Cream together Crisco and peanut butter.
3. Add in the sugars, egg and milk.
4. Slowly fold in the flour mixed with the backing soda.
5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them on the cookie tray about an inch and a half apart.
6. Using a fork, press a criss-cross shape into each ball, slightly flattening them out.
7. Bake for 1o minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
8. Take the cookies off the tray, and while they are still hot from the oven, press a Hershey Kiss into the criss-cross center of each one.
9. Allow for the cookie to cool and the chocolate to harden to the cookie.