And I am not talking about lettuce.
More like Bunny Food… Easter Bunny food that is.
We are hosting Easter again this year. I love to host this holiday, we have all of our family together for brunch. We celebrate the warmer weather, spend time outside, and have egg hunts for the kids. Aside from the candy filled Easter eggs, I wanted to send the kiddos home with something else to munch on. This Easter snack mix is so simple to make, and looks so festive. I decided to combined all my favorite flavors, adding in peanut butter filled eggs and dark chocolate M&M’s to the mix to standout next to the white chocolate. Feel free to add whatever spring time M&M’s to your mix, whatever satisfies your sweet tooth.
This is a great snack to have while coloring Easter eggs, or an easy project for the kids to help you with. I decided to package mine individually for a take-home treat for our family!
1. 1/2 a bag of Roll Gold Pretzel Sticks
2. 1 box of Chocolate CHEX cereal
3. 1/4 of a box of Cheerios
4. 1 Bag of Dark Chocolate Easter M&M’s
5. 1 Bag of Peanut Butter filled Egg M&M’s
6. 1 small bag of white chocolate chips
7. 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil
1. Create a double boiler, by filling pot about 1/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and fit a bowl into the pot. (The bottom of the bowl should not reach the water.) Add the bag of white chocolate and the canola oil to the boil. Continue to let the water simmer, melting the chocolate, as you stir.
2. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, chocolate CHEX, Cheerios, M&M’s and peanut butter eggs.
3. Line your counter top with wax paper, and spread the mix across the paper in a thin layer.
4. Using a larger spoon, drizzle the mix with the melted chocolate. Drizzle and fold the chocolate into the entire mix.
5. Let the chocolate cool and harden completely, before removing from the wax paper.
6. Once the mix has cooled, either package it individually, or fill a pretty vase or apothecary jar with your Rabbit Food.