There is nothing like a piping hot bowl of chili to fill your belly when the snow is falling.
With a snowflake on my Iphone weather app, (this is the only weather I follow) I decided it was time to make a cold weather favorite.
This White Chicken Chili is nothing short of delish! While nothing can replace classic chili, this is a fun and healthy swap, when you are in the mood to mix it up! Replacing ground beef with ground chicken makes a lighter alternative.
1.2 pounds of ground chicken
2. 2 teaspoons of chili powder
3. 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
4. 1 teaspoon of cumin
5.1 small onion, chopped
6. 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
7. 3 tablespoons of flour
8. 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
9. 1 can of whole kernel corn
10. 3 packed cups of spinach
11. 4 cups of chicken broth
12. Shredded cheddar cheese
13. Tortilla chips
1. Drizzle the bottom of a large sauce put with EVOO, over medium heat.
2. Add ground chicken, chili powder, paprika, and cumin to the pot.
3. As the meat begins to brown, add in the onion and garlic, and continue to saute.
4. Once the meat has cooked and the onion and garlic are soft, sprinkle the mixture with flour and stir to coat. This will act as your thickening agent once you add in your chicken broth.
5. Add in the beans, corn, and spinach to the chicken.
6. Pour the chicken broth into the pot. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pot, to bring out the flavors and allowing the broth to thicken.
7. Let simmer for a half hour, or more if you have the time on low. The longer the better!
When the chili is ready to be served, top with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips, for crunch!